Since the Spanish Government decreed the State of Alarm on 14 March 2020, a number of extensions have been decided which, for the time being, will end on 26 April. If things go weel reason, everything will gradually return to normal.
With regard to the communities of owners, the professionals in the field, together with the public administrations, have been interpreting the articles and provisions that affected them, and the general principles of regulation are now quite well established. These would be, as a summary, the basic recommendations:
- Also in your building you must keep a safe distance (minimum one meter).
- Use the elevator as much as possible. If the lift is used, no more than one user by proximity. Also, you must press the destination button with your protected finger.
- The use of common areas such as gardens, playgrounds, benches, sports equipment, recreation areas, swimming pools, solariums, as well as enclosed areas or spaces intended for meetings in the communities is prohibited.
- It is advisable for the caretakers and porters to carry out their basic tasks in the early hours of the day and then remain at the caretaker’s office making control rounds from time to time.
- When carrying out cleaning and maintenance tasks, all personnel serving the building: employees, cleaners, guards, maintenance personnel; must observe the necessary protection measures (frequent hand washing, use of gloves, masks…), especially in the most sensitive areas (door knobs, elevator buttons, intercoms, handrails, etc.).
- All General Meeting meetings must be postponed.
- If you order food from home, when handling notes and coins wash your hands before payment and then immediately.
- The best antiseptic is soapy water, which is recommended in domestic areas.
- If you touch or pet a neighbor’s pet, wash your hands immediately, even if it is not defined as being transmitted from animals.
- Don’t worry about pending matters: administrative and Court cases are paralyzed.